Thursday, October 21, 2010

Brainstorming Revelation: Revising the topic Of My Choice

After discussing some provisional aspects that I can dwell into, I have transfered my key focus to focusing on what was known as "The Space Race" that took place between the Soviet Union and U.S. During The Cold War Era. From 1957 to 1975 the Space Race was a technological competition between both countries to explore into supremacy over conquering Space. It's intentions in the beginning we're set as an missile-based  arms race that was to occur just after the end of World War II; a revolution of technological rivalry turned into a opportunity to show off each countries advancement of not only technology but of their wits and smarts of how to out do each other and gain notice from their actions.There are in fact some noted Key players from both power countries that had a role in the pioneer movement of dominating space. Soviet Union players we're Sergey Korolyov, Vladimir Chelomey, Vasily Mishin just to name a few, The United States on the other hand has President Kennedy, James E. Webb, Robert R. Gilruth, Wernher Von Braun etc.
Based on what I've found so far, I for one can actually say I am pleased that I actually have a main topic that interests me as well as "the Space race". I look forward to answering some questions that I already have in mind about the Soviet Union and the U.S. during the time of this act. For example, How did the space race affect both countries financially? Did it put a dent into the wallets of both countries economical future or did it not affect them at all? Did it help their technological advances grow as a nation or was it a waste of time? Why?

1 comment:

  1. I think this is a great way to focus your topic: keep in mind that you also want to have the question about American power in your head: what do you make of going into space as a way for each country to try to use its power?

    I look forward to seeing the sources you've found on this topic.

    ReplyDelete